YMC Bio-Prep series
The YMC Bio-Prep series is a low pressure liquid chromatography system designed for purification of proteins and other biomolecules. It is designed for use with ion exchange, affinity, HIC and other modes of chromatography suitable for purification of large molecules. Bio-Prep is designed for operation at pilot and production scale and is offered in three flow rate ranges with various options for process control and monitoring.
Key features include:
- A high performance diaphragm pump enables stable flow rate control with minimized pulsation.
- A wide variety of operation programs allows for flexibility in programming
- Built-in security features .
- Data transfer to a PC is optional.
- Compatible with integrated or remote control through communication with PLC.
- Installed with a mode for automatic tracking of required maintenance .
- Compliant with IQ/OQ validation .
- Non standard, customized design, and fabrication are possible on customer request.
- An audit log records all system activities.
YMC Bio-Prep employs minimized pulsation and a wide range of flow rate control down to 1:100 of the maximum.
The quadruple diaphragm pump is superior to a triple and its minimum pulsation and servo motor control facilitate high precision flow rate control in conjunction with a feedback system through the flow rate gauge.
With the YMC Bio-Prep, a touch screen facilitates easy use:
- Anyone can conduct every operation easily from start to finish through the touch screen (control via PC is optional).
- The YMC Bio-Prep documents all operations from each user from log-in to log-out. Passwords or identification codes are set to ease administration and prevent illegal access to the computer, thereby enhancing system security and preventing unauthorized use. Different operators are assigned different levels of system access so as to classify users' security levels.
- An intuitive and graphical interface displays current operation and supports easy programming and operation of the system.
- Records and data of operation after starting the system are automatically stored and rewriting rendered impossible.
Schematic flow diagram of YMC Bio-Prep series
The YMC Bio-Prep can be customized!
We can build it...
- As a system corresponding to the flow rate range required by a user.
- As an explosion-proof system.
- As a system compatible with integrated control and management via PLC.
- As a high-pressure chromatography system.
- Fitted with a special delivery system (such as membrane separation device).
- As a system not only with diaphragm pumps but also with plunger or rotor pumps.
|Type||Type I||Type II||Type III|
|Pump type||quintuple diaphragm|
|Flow Rate range (L/h)||~3000mL/min
|Flow rate accuracy||one hundredth of the range|
|Nominal pipe size||8A in 3-A standard||10A in 3-A standard||15A in 3-A standard|
|UV sensor||set at 190-280nm arbitrarily|
|Electrical conductivity meter|
|Flow rate meter|
|Normal pressure||0.4 MPa|
|Line pressure limit||0.6 MPa|
|Power requirements||three-phase AC 200V|
|Utility||compressed air (0.6 MPa)|
Download Bio-Prep product specifications (pdf, 732kb, Adobe Reader required).