Hybrid Silica ODS
YMC-Triart C18 is a novel, multi-layered, organic/inorganic hybrid particle synthesized with C18 (L1 USP designation). The chemistry of the C18 is enhanced by a multi-stage, multi-compound endcapping process that overcomes the weaknesses of single-step endcapping and effectively caps essentially all the residual silanol sites that are accessible by analytes. Triart C18 is an ideal first-choice method development column.
Triart Hybrid Advantages
The core material for all of the YMC-Triart products – the particle – is inspired by YMC’s flow chemistry technology. Inherent in YMC’s process is a high level of temperature and particle formation control. As a result, Triart particles are consistent, reproducible, and scalable across many particle sizes. The hybrid Triart particles produce a material that is highly resilient and robust when used at extreme pH and elevated temperature. In addition, these particles are very stable under mechanical stress such as high pressure. YMC-Triart C18 can be used at temperatures up to 70⁰C at pH 1-7, and 50⁰C from pH 7-12. This allows the chromatographer to be more confident when choosing suitable separation conditions and less worried about the limitations of stationary phase ruggedness.
– The chemical stability of the material combines with the inherent mechanical durability of the particles themselves to contribute to long column lifetime.
– Triart is available in columns packed with 1.9, 3, and 5µm particles, and operates over a wide pH range of 1-12. This enables the manipulation of analytical retention and preparative loading.
– Proprietary endcapping makes for excellent peak shapes of all types of compounds while rigorous manufacturing controls result in legendary YMC column-to-column and lot-to-lot reproducibility.
– Unlike other hybrid materials, YMC-Triart C18 exhibits a more balanced hydrophobicity. This makes it more retentive than other hybrid materials, potentially simplifying the separation of “difficult” peaks.
– YMC-Triart is available in packed columns of various dimensions. Bulk material is also available upon request.
YMC-Triart columns are well-suited to a variety of applications in pharmaceutical and chemical laboratories. YMC-Triart’s performance in wide-ranging conditions arguably makes it an ideal universal reversed-phase column choice.
More Applications >
Columns, Guards and Accessories are only available for purchase online in North America or through our distributors.
To purchase consumables outside North America, please find your local distributor.
For YMC systems’ sales outside of North America and Europe, find your regional office contact information here.