Chromatographers now have another tool for analyzing intact mAb’s via reversed-phase:
YMC-Triart Bio C4
YMC-Triart Bio C4 was developed specifically for HPLC and UHPLC separations of intact antibodies and other large proteins. This hybrid-silica based butyl phase is especially effective when used for intact antibody analysis at high temperatures and is ideal for high-sensitivity analysis using mass spec-friendly mobile phases.
Defining Features of YMC-Triart Bio C4
Here are a few of the defining features that set this new product apart from the rest of our LC separation products:
- Organic/Inorganic Hybrid-Silica Particle
- C4 (USP L26) Stationary Phase
- Available in 1.9µm (for UHPLC), 3µm, and 5µm Particle Sizes
- 300Å Pore Size – ideal for mAb’s and other large proteins
- Polymeric Bonding – for added ruggedness and reliability
- Proprietary Endcapping – provides excellent peak shape
The Benefits of YMC-Triart Bio C4
Choosing to use one hybrid silica ODS product over another comes down to the selectivity needed to achieve the desired separation, properties of the molecule(s) being analyzed, as well as the conditions under which the column is required to be used. Here are a few of the benefits that Triart Bio C4 has to offer:
- Wide-pore UHPLC Phase – For the first time from YMC, Triart Bio C4 is available in a 300Å pore, 1.9µm particle size format for UHPLC separations of large molecules. Wide-pore materials in sub-2µm particle size can be a challenge to produce; however, YMC’s hybrid-silica technology (Triart) allows for the structural integrity needed for these small particle, 300Å stationary phases.
- Wide Temperature and pH Ranges – As with all of YMC’s Triart products, Bio C4 offers extended temperature and pH ranges. When chromatographers use YMC-Triart Bio C4, they have the freedom to optimize separation conditions with pH from 1-7 at temperatures up to 90°C, and from pH 7-10 at temperatures up to 50°C.
- High-Pressure Stability – YMC’s hybrid Triart particles have robust functionality and are able to maintain a high level of structural stability under high pressures such as those achieved with UHPLC.
- Reproducibility/Scalability – Using flow chemistry technology, a high level of temperature and particle formation control is achieved during production of this hybrid-silica material. As a result, reproducibility and scalability are second-to-none.
Use YMC-Triart Bio C4
We’re excited to release YMC-Triart Bio C4 to the market. Its durability over a wide range of temperature, pH, and pressure allow for unmatched reproducibility and method robustness for large molecule separations.
At YMC America, Inc., we offer ion exchange products online as well as a range of other chromatography products. Continue browsing our site to see our full inventory and make sure to contact us if you have any questions or would like to place an order.