Reversed Phase (ODS)
|Stationary Phase||:||C18 (as USP L1)|
|Particle size||:||1.9µm, 3µm,
|pH Range||:||1 - 12|
YMC-Triart C18 is a novel, multi-layered, organic/inorganic hybrid particle synthesized with C18 (L1 USP designation).
Users of Triart are not limited by the usual constraints of pH, temperature, or pressure. Triart is recognized for its mechanical and chemical durability. It is ideal for application at elevated temperature, high pressure, and over a pH range of 1 to 12.
Triart is a dynamically growing line of hybrid materials designed for uHPLC, fast LC, analytical and prep HPLC. Triart C18 is offered in particle sizes from 1.9µm to 50µm; in a wide range of pre-packed columns as well as bulk media. Triart C18 1.9µm is offered packed in uHPLC columns and described separately, click here.
The product was developed incorporating expertise from YMC's microreactor research group to optimize the granulation of the particle itself.
YMC's high performance C18 chemistry delivers excellent peak shape under a wide range of separation conditions. Users can rely on Triart C18 reproducibility and retention consistency, not only across lots and batches, but across particle scales as well - from 1.9µm to 50 µm.
The chemistry of the C18 is enhanced by a multi-stage, multi-compound end-capping process that overcomes the weaknesses of single-step end-capping, and effectively caps essentially all the residual silanol sites that are accessible by analytes.
The combination of these core technologies - the layered hybrid particle, the precise microreactor granulation, and the multi-step endcapping - produce a material with outstanding chemical and physical durability, plus excellent chromatographic performance with acidic, basic, and neutral compounds.
This chemically stable and physically durable material offers chromatographers maximum flexibility in separation conditions over a wide pH range.
YMC-Triart C18 is ideal for use in method development and quality control.
- The chemical stability of the material combines with the inherent mechanical durability of the particles themselves, to contribute to long column lifetime.
- Triart is available in columns packed with 3 and 5 micron particles and operates over a wide pH range of 1 to 12, enabling the manipulation of analytical retention and preparative loading.
- Proprietary endcapping makes for excellent peak shapes for all types of compounds while rigorous manufacturing controls result in legendary YMC column to column and lot to lot reproducibility.
- Unlike other hybrid materials, YMC-Triart exhibits a more balanced hydrophobicity, making it more rententive than other hybrid materials, potentially simplifiying the separation of "difficult" peaks.
- YMC-Triart is available in packed columns of various dimensions. Bulk material is also available on request.
YMC-Triart columns are well-suited to a variety of applications in pharmaceutical and chemical laboratories. YMC-Triart's performance in wide-ranging conditions arguably makes it an ideal universal reversed-phase column choice.
including information about material Durability, Particle Quality, and Narrow Pore Size Distribution
including examples of the separation of basic compounds, acidic compounds, coordination compounds, and an example of the separation of the same drug mixture at different pH conditions.